Friday, January 7, 2011

Torn

The final X-Men TPB I've got (for now) is Torn, containing issues #13-18. The previous book ended up with a large battle and so this starts off a lot more slowly as the X-Men deal with the aftermath and recuperate. However that doesn't last too long before they end up under attack again but this time it is a mental attack sending them all kinds of crazy. Before than can be entirely dealt with everybody (on both sides) is abducted by SWORD and we're left wondering what will happen next.

So that is the end for the time being. I've enjoyed my intro into the world of X-Men comics and I'm pretty sure this won't be the end. There are two more book available in the "Astonishing" series but I'll resist the urge to go and buy them right away and attempt to pace myself. After that I'm not sure what I'll read. I'll either go back and find some of the back story to these books or I might have a look at the "Ultimate" series. The benefit of Ultimate X-Men is that it is not an on-going series anymore so it has a beginning and an end.

After learning more about Emma Frost and the Hellfire Club I'm now looking forward to the X-Men: First Class film at lot more than I was before. When X-Men Origins: Wolverine turned out to be a bit uninspiring I lost some of my interest in the prequels like the planned Magneto and Deadpool films. However now I have hope again. Finally to round out my X-Men week I think I'll have to re-watch the films this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Very glad to hear you've enjoyed it, comic books are such a different experience to reading text or to watching films, aren't they? I can see why it would inspire you to watch the films again, though - I bet there are loads of subtle references to spot if you've read the comics. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete