Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Class, First Look

The first official promotional picture for X-Men: First Class has arrived on the Internet and has of course received mixed reactions. Personally I think it looks fine based on what I know about those characters. Five of them are younger versions of characters we saw in the original three films. Although Moira MacTaggert was only a brief cameo, my knowledge of her actually comes from the cartoon version. Apart from Emma Frost who I've just been reading about in Astonishing X-Men I don't know a lot about the rest. My only problem is with Nicholas Hoult as Beast he just seems to look too young and skinny, though I admit he's at the back in the dark and that you can't see much. The majority of complaints seem to stem from the fact that this particular line up never existed in the comics and that it seems to be mostly ignoring any continuity from the other four X-Men films. For now I still have hope this will be a good film. Here is the picture (click for larger). From left to right: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, they look fine to me too, though I know very little indeed, but they seem to have, all of them, this larger-than-life quality that makes them look believable as comic book characters come to life.

    ReplyDelete