Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dreams

Dreams have always been a very odd concept to me. People will often says things like "I had the strangest dream last night, you were in it and we did such and such...". Personally I've never said that because it's only on extremely rare occasions that ever recall anything from my dreams. Perhaps it's because I've always had major issues with the transition between sleep and awake (in both directions), I don't really know. However from last night I have one really specific memory of being hypnotised and asked to respond but couldn't because I'd been conditioned not to. I guess it has stuck with me as the whole dream within a dream concept reminded me of Inception. I suppose you could read in some issues of control there but that's not something I'm consciously aware of. On the other hand it could have been aliens and actually happened!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, interesting! And rather spooky, I'm not surprised you wanted to mention this in your blog.
    I believe (though I am not sure of this) that we recall dreams best when we are woken abruptly from dreaming. Maybe you are normally a gradual waker-upper?

    ReplyDelete