Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A New Face

I just looked on my profile to check when I started playing Eve Online and found an amazing coincidence. I started on 26th January 2009, so today is my two year anniversary. I was already planning an Eve related post today but now it's even more appropriate. Eve has been live for nearly eight years now and lots has changed and been upgraded in that time. Even in the two years I've been playing I've seen quite a lot of changes as the developers CCP Games release two major game expansions every year. From the beginning and even now the majority of the game is about spaceships. There are other features involving trade and construction but even those mostly serve the spaceships either providing components or consumables. However CCP have often said that their ultimate aim was to create a complete science fiction life simulation rather than just space combat. Along with that one of the most requested features is the ability to get out of your ship and walk around the stations while you're docked. Now apparently this feature is finally coming in the summer expansion this year but in preparation for that the latest expansion has a brand character creation system. Over the last couple of weeks all users have had to re-create their avatar using the new system and I finally did mine earlier today. The new system is really nice and is currently one of the top character creation systems I've used (of course it's also the most recent). It could use a few more hair and clothing options but I guess there will be a shop where we can buy those once we can walk around the space stations. I know some people have gone with a completely new look but I really liked my old avatar so I've tried to keep some similar features in the new one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's a very nice avatar. Like another one of yours that I have seen (Marcus?) he is his own character, yet he has a look of you about him.
    Congratulations on two years of Eve, it sounds as though this game is going from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete