Monday, January 24, 2011

Red State

There seems to be a major buzz around the Internet today about Red State, the new film from Kevin Smith which debuted last night at the Sundance Film Festival. The reviews seems to be very mixed so far. I try to stick to my own personal opinion on here but of course it's hard to not be influenced some times. I'm happy to say I'm a fan of Smith's earlier work (although I've still not seen Cop Out) which I guess puts me in the minority to begin with. All I know about the film so far has come Kevin Smith himself through the Smodcast Network or his Twitter so I guess that's always going to be slightly biased. I've been interested for a while but now some more people have seen it and that not everybody seems to like it you can't help but start to wonder. Still I'm always up for a good horror film and I think I probably will enjoy it myself when I see it. The question is of course when I will get to see it? Kevin Smith has announced that the film will not be sold for distribution in the usual way and instead he will be touring it around the country before it get a wider release. It sounds like an interesting attempt to do something new outside the studio system but it only really applies to the US. When or where we'll get to see it here in the UK is unknown at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment