Monday, January 10, 2011

The Social Internet

For a long time I avoided it. A couple of years ago I finally caved and signed up for Facebook and since then I've embraced the social side of the web. I started blogging, I joined Twitter, I posted on more forums. Now I've even got a second You Tube channel and a video blog. The question is when does it stop? I just started a Daily Booth account a couple of days ago but what else is there? Formspring, Tumblr, VYou, there always seems to be more sites people are using do I really need those and what do I get from it all? Signing up for everything out there is probably unnecessary but sometimes it's hard to choose. Still Twitter is my favorite, follow me @slayweb if you're there.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I don't know how people can say the Internet is anti-social, when you could spend your whole life online talking to real people who in so-called real life, you'd never have had a chance to meet. But where to stop, as you say - there are just so many interesting things, and we can't do them all, or we'd never get anything else done. I have to ration myself severely or I'd never get any writing done - it's hard enough as it is. And it's even harder for you, who spend so much more time at the computer, with the temptation to be distracted. I suppose the real test is the quality of the communication with other people - for myself, I decided it was better to do a few things properly than spread myself too thinly, but everyone has to find their own answer. But 'Life of Doon' will always be one of my daily priorities! (And yes, must remember that by the time I read it, it is already 'tomorrow'!)

    ReplyDelete