Sunday, March 28, 2010

Time of Your Life

Wow, somehow I'd managed to never hear anything about this one. A Buffy/Fray crossover! An evil source of magic pulls Buffy into the future where she meets Melaka Fray. Written by Joss and drawn by the same guy who did the original Fray (Karl Moline) this story could possibly be my favorite of season eight so far. Wolves at the Gate was great as were all the others but Fray holds a special place in my heart which gives this one the edge. Also there's the elements of time travel and alternate universes both of which are concepts I have an interest in. There's also still stuff going on in the present. Dawn's a centaur now which is a little odd but it turned out to be useful. I suspect there's another power involved with her transformations as they seem to always be needed in some way, eventually. Kennedy is back too which is nice, though of course she's now slightly worried that the newly out Buffy might be interested in her Willow. I doubt that would actually happen but I guess you have to at least acknowledge the possibility. One word review, Fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely review. You really are a good writer and reviewer, you have a great balance between the factual and the personal response.
    (You mean Willow's a girl?)

    ReplyDelete