Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My first Blu-ray

I've been a collector of films and TV for a long time. First on VHS, then on DVD and now on Blu-ray. I've held back on moving to a high-def format for a while, mostly because I've lacked the hardware to play them. I've still not got an HDTV but my new PC has a Blu-ray drive in it, so I figured it's about time I caught up with the times. Almost everything I once had on VHS I've upgraded to DVD but I won't be doing the same with Blu-ray. I don't think the picture improvements are enough to justify that expense but I'll be buying Blu-rays for all my new stuff from now on. My first Blu-ray disk ended up being Cabin Fever which I bought on a bit of a whim. I'm not sure why I picked that one, maybe I'd just heard about how bad the sequel was. I am a bit of a sucker for dodgy horror films and Eli Roth knows that genre well. Tits, gore, tits & gore, death and destruction, what more could you want? If you're bored have a browse through my DVD collection.

1 comment:

  1. Your collection looks even more impressive all tabulated like that, pretty good, hey. But is there not something missing between Airplane and Alien? I believe I may have (several) spare copies if you need one...

    ReplyDelete