Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Predators and Prey

Well this was a bit of an odd one. First this is five separate stories rather than a single multi-part one which I wasn't expecting. Although the writers have mostly been on Joss' teams before this makes for the much greater variety in style. However the biggest change is the reveal of the existance of vampires and slayers to the general public. In my mind that rocks the core of the Buffy universe way more than Buffy being gay, yet I don't remember this ever being mentioned. I could have missed it or maybe it's just me that thinks that way. Vampires known to the mainstream obviously can work for a story, True Blood being the most recent example of where it works, but I'm not sure if I like it in the world of Buffy. It does remain to be seen if the change will be permanent, I mean in the long run who is going to believe what Harmony has to say? Finally Dawn is back to normal again but it turns out there was no higher purpose involed as I'd predicted. It was as she'd said, simply the revenge of a Thricewise. A bit of a lull in the series I think, good but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment