Friday, March 5, 2010

More on Supreme Commander 2

So I eventually got to play Supreme Commander 2, it was unlocked on Steam shortly after midnight. Had the chance to play some of the campaign and a couple of skirmishes before it was bedtime. I'll probably finish off the story this weekend and then venture into online multiplayer.
I've had a brief look at the Steam forums for the game and I see there are quite a lot of people complaining that the game has been over-simplified too much so far that it doesn't feel like Supreme Commander anymore. Now while I'll agree there are differences I don't think it's quite as drastic as some people are making out. Though I guess it is usually the minority who are the most vocal (especially on web forums!).
The main thing that struck me so far was how much extra "story" there is in the single player campaign. I suppose that's the Square Enix infuence, but the commander ringing his wife seemed a bit out of place. I thought I was supposed to be the commander?

No comments:

Post a Comment