Thursday, March 18, 2010

No Future For You

So I finished reading the second volume of Buffy season eight and really enjoyed it. I must now resist the temptation to rush out and buy the next one, I promised I'd pace myself a little. There's two stories in volume two, a four part Faith story followed by a single one involving Buffy and Willow meeting a demon. Although these are on the old side now I'm going to write about them without major spoilers (without prior warning anyway). You never know what people have or haven't read, I can't be the only one still catching up. So first was "No Future For You" by Brian K. Vaughan. I can't say I'd heard of him before now but after looking him up I see he's written for Marvel, DC & spent three seasons on Lost which is a pretty impressive background. He got a good grasp of the Buffy universe, nothing feels out of place and the characters act like they should. The artwork continues to be great quality but I'm afraid I'm even less familiar with the artists than I am the writers. I'll have to do something about that. To end there's the one-shot "Anywhere but Here" this time by Joss Whedon (I know who he is!) which is an interesting looking into the hopes and fears of Buffy and Willow. The future doesn't look so good. So who is Twilight? (no spoilers please!)

1 comment: