Monday, March 8, 2010

Random Links

82nd Annual Academy Awards
I don't remember ever hearing of The Hurt Locker before now, I should probably check it out. I thought Inglourious Basterds might just win, I never really thought that a sci-fi film could win although my personal favorite of the year was District 9. No surprise that Avatar won best visual effects. Nice to see Star Trek get one too, even if it was only for makeup.

Ubisoft DRM Servers Go Down
That's a laugh! Ubisoft are going to take a huge hit from this. I already wasn't planning on playing Assassins Creed 2 as it's not really the sort of game I usually play and doesn't help its cause at all. Hopefully other game companies will learn that this is not the way forward. I heard rumours that some people were organising a DDoS attack, I'd bet that's what's happening.

Iron Man 2 Trailer

Looks pretty awesome, looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Star Trek had won anything, that's very good. I think Avatar will be remembered longer than The Hurt Locker, though. I had heard of The Hurt Locker, ages ago when it was being cast, because Colin Farrell was going to be in it, but he was - how shall I put this - not well enough.

    ReplyDelete