Saturday, March 13, 2010

Batman Forever

So it's all change in the world of Batman with Batman Forever which is generally considered to be the beginning of the downfall of the series. My first observation would be that it feels less goth than the first two and instead is closer to sci-fi. My biggest problem with the film is Jim Carrey. I've never really liked him as an actor, he just gets on my nerves and I don't find him funny. One thing that is improved is the martial action. I don't know if that's Joel Schumacher or Val Kilmer's influence but Batman looks like a better fighter in this one. Another problem is the loss of Danny Elfman, the music sounds lot cheaper to me now which is a real shame compared to the previous quality. Also there's an interesting couple of famous names in very small parts. The first more obvious one being Drew Barrymore who barely has four lines. The other is Rene Auberjonois (Deep Space Nine if you're wondering) who gets an opening credit but only has one short scene right at the end. I'm away for the rest of the weekend so Batman & Robin will have to wait until Monday, though I should probably skip it entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment