Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sorting

My server issues are in hand, new parts have been ordered. Although they're not going to arrive as soon as I'd hoped. At point of sale the website said everything I wanted was in stock but by the point of dispatch they couldn't fulfil the order. This has happened to me before and unfortunately you never find this out until it's too late to change the order for next day delivery. Which on a Thursday night means you'll end up having to wait until Monday. I wanted to spend the weekend fixing this, so I'll have to modify the order and pay the extra £10 for a Saturday delivery now.

Still this has highlighted a different issue that I can deal with in the meantime. I've been looking though all the spare parts that I've collected over the years and realized that some items are getting on for ten years old. There is no reason I can think of for which I was need these parts. It is time for a sort out. I've got more leftover IDE cables than anyone could ever need considering they're no longer in use.

1 comment:

  1. Not fair! I hope, after all that, the Saturday delivery does arrive! Good luck.
    Good idea to have a clear out, though. (And if you happen to come across a mains adaptor for a laptop, I am needing one of those!)

    ReplyDelete