Thursday, September 1, 2011

Noooooooooo!

So Star Wars is about to be released on Blu-Ray and I have been wondering if I should get it or not. For a long while I thought probably not. After all I do have three copies on VHS and two copies on DVD already. Then more recently I thought I probably would end up getting it, I am a collector after all. There some new features that might be interesting, although probably not enough if I'm honest. However finally the clip below appeared online (along with at least three others). It seems George Lucas still isn't done tweaking the films (even the prequels) and there are going to be changes again. I think I might skip this version and wait for the next one. Adding CGI blinks to Ewoks I can cope with. Greedo still shooting first, I've already learned to ignore that. Changing Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon call in A New Hope, annoying but gone in three seconds. But this? I don't think Vader's motivation here was ever in doubt, this is just distracting.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, when will Mr Lucas stop tinkering? Can't he just leave them to be classics of their own time? But this change is astonishing, it is SO not needed - as you say, motivation clear! - and I think it is stronger silent.

    ReplyDelete