Friday, September 16, 2011

Ringer

I'm not finding myself with a lot to say about Ringer. There's been quite a lot of Internet hype, at least in the places I frequent, but I think that's mostly due to Sarah Michelle Gellar. No disrespect to Gellar, she is a great actress after all but there was far more to the Buffy series than just her. Watching Ringer there were a couple of moments where certain phrases or infections sounded like Buffy but I guess that's actually the real Gellar coming through. It occurred to me the other than a couple films I'm not really seen her in anything else. The problem with this pilot is they are setting things up for an ongoing mystery which obviously isn't going to be sorted any time soon. For that reason it feels like not a lot really happens. We get a lot of new characters all with there own schemes and no-one is as they appear, but there has not been enough time to get to know them yet. So with introductions out of the way I wonder if episode two will be different. I'm not sure if I'm in this for the long haul yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment