Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reading

I have had an on and off relationship with reading over the years. Unfortunately recently that has been trending towards off again. I've just not been finding the time to read. I've not stopped completely but the amount has decreased a lot. However I do now know enough to notice and realize that this is a bad thing. So time to do something about it. In almost perfect timing Peter F. Hamilton announced a new short story collection on his Facebook page. I'd not been aware this was coming so it was a nice surprise. If there is anyone who can pull me back in to the reading zone it will be Hamilton.

Now of course normally I'm a big Kindle reader these days. However later that day there was another Facebook announcement, that there would be 500 signed copies available for pre-order at Play! As a big fan I decided I should be one of those 500. The book arrived this afternoon and I'm looking forward to reading it. Although for such a nice signed hardback I'm half tempted to buy the Kindle version as well for actual reading and to leave this nice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, lovely! Nothing like a new book by your favourite writer to tempt you back, I hope you enjoy it, and I'm sure you will. It looks abeautiful copy, I can understand you might want to keep it nice, and actually do the reading on Kindle! I enjoyed reading the music reviews too, very pleased for you that you enjoyed Tron so much! Btw, I never told you, but you know I have been enjoying some old albums that I had never heard before, especially Helloween's, and I have to say I don't know how I ever managed without 'Heavy Metal Hamsters' in my life - it always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete