Tuesday, September 6, 2011

King Kong

This one isn't actually even close to being a new release. I never managed to catch this one before and I recorded it a while ago. It has been sat on my Sky box waiting but kept getting skipped because it's a bit on the long side. Yesterday I decided I needed to reinstall the software on one of my local servers and I needed something to help pass the time along with that. It is also the only Peter Jackson film I've never seen before so it's about time I fixed that.

I've since found myself wondering if I've ever actually seen the original or whether I'm just remembering the iconic scenes from popular culture in general. This version was good though and it didn't seem to long for me. Although I was doing two things at once. I have to say though that some of the effects shots haven't aged well and it's only 6 years old. The problems are where real actors are composited with the creatures. It just seemed a little off especially when compared to Jackson's previous film.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting, that the special effects are looking dated already - how fast things do keep changing in this field. I remember watching this because of Peter Jackson, and like you, I ended up wondering if I had ever seen the original or not. In the end, I decided, not. I remember thinking there were some genuinely scary bits, but it was a bit of a silly story really!

    ReplyDelete