Monday, September 26, 2011

The Old Republic: Release Date!

There was extremely important news this weekend. BioWare/EA finally announced the release date for Star Wars: The Old Republic. It will be available in the US on December 20th and in the EU it will be available on December 22nd. I'm glad we know what day to look forward to now, but that's awfully close to a weekend I usually spend away from home. Although the pre-order pack does promise early access, but I wonder how early that will be. At least that date means it will be a month and a half after The Elder Scrolls 5 and a couple of months before Mass Effect 3. So that's good, not that I expect I'll be through my back log anytime before then. I'll finally be allowed to talk about my testing experience but once the game is available that is not really relevant anymore. I'm definitely looking forward to it though.

2 comments:

  1. Great news that the date is so soon, with other good stuff on the way first, but that is way too close to Christmas for reliable deliveries of any kind! It might be best to think of it as a treat for the New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually as I've already pre-ordered and pre-registered my key I should be able to download the game itself if necessary. I can cope with waiting a few days for my Darth Malgus statue! :D

    ReplyDelete