Monday, September 5, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

Second film in my catch-up week is Marvel's latest offering Captain America: The First Avenger. I enjoyed the film but as I stare at the screen I find myself unsure as to what I can write about it. I don't want to end up just writing a synopsis. I wonder if perhaps that the World War II setting just doesn't appeal to me as much. Chris Evans was good though, you quickly forget that he's actually been a Marvel superhero before (Human Torch in Fantastic 4) this is a whole new era of Marvel now. Hugo Weaving was also excellent as Red Skull and Tommy Lee Jones needs a mention for great supporting role. It's more origins out of the way so The Avengers doesn't need to waste time with too much exposition. Then once this gets a solo sequel we can find out what Captain America is really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment