Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TRON: Betrayal

Thanks to its vast profiling system Amazon knows me quite well. So when I bought Daft Punk's TRON: Legacy soundtrack CD its response was "Hey, did you know there is a graphic novel prequel to the film we thought you might like it". As usual my response was "Actually yes I would like that thanks". Curse you Amazon and your upsells, I always end up buying more than I originally intended.

TRON: Betrayal is a graphic novel which briefly re-tells the story of the original film and then goes on to cover some more of the story which took place in the twenty years between the films. I won't go in to any more details of the story as it wouldn't make a lot of sense without having seen the films, also I've not finished reading it yet. I've swapped my plan a little as I needed something to post about today. Still what I've read so far has been good and the artwork is great too. Sometimes in a long running series certain pages can look a little rushed, but with a one off like this the artists can take their time. I look forward to reading the rest tomorrow.

PS. January's Moments of Gaming is nearly done but not quite there yet. It's getting late and it would still need to be rendered and uploaded. So I will post that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds a nice-looking book, I am glad you are enjoying Tron:Betrayal. I think Amazon have got a good clue about you! Actually I don't mind being profiled when Amazon show me something interesting, but all they ever show me is Sci-Fi box sets, while Andrew gets shown the latest AtG books...

    ReplyDelete