Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Green Hornet

I briefly mentioned it in my recent video but I've never really talked about it here. That is my intention to make an effort to see more films at the cinema rather than waiting for other options. Not only do you get the big screen and quality sound you're properly supporting the industry as well. I started with TRON: Legacy a couple of weeks ago and now earlier this evening I continued with The Green Hornet.

Now The Green Hornet is not something I've ever really known a lot about. I know the name but that's about it. I understand it originally started as a radio play. I think my main reason for having any knowledge about it is the fact it gets confused with The Green Lantern. A mistake I have made in the past and I'm sure others have too. In fact I read a rumor that the release of The Green Hornet was moved so that very confusion would be avoided when the film version of Green Lantern comes out later this year.

The film itself was not perfect but was quite enjoyable. It had been shot in 2D and then post converted to 3D with was a bit lame but there was no 2D screening option at my cinema. So other than a handful of FX shots the 3D was mostly unimpressive. Seth Rogen gets quite a lot of press but I've never really seen a lot of him personally, in fact I've only seen him in two other films. Here he seemed to do ok in the lead role but I felt more attached to Jay Chou as Kato in the end. Christoph Waltz was fun as the villan and it's always great to see Edward James Olmos in pretty much anything. The least impressive part of the cast was Cameron Diaz I didn't connect with her at all.

If you're looking for fun and superheroes you could do worse but there are probably better films you should see first.

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard of this at all, but that was a good review, very well-written I thought!

    ReplyDelete