Monday, February 21, 2011

Photos

I've got quite a lot of photos. A quick (but incomplete) count comes in at 3544. I've had them all organised by date in Picasa for a while but I still need to finish tagging people and locations. I really should get it done before I start forgetting things about them. It's yet another one of my projects that I've not quite finished. There has only been one album for 2011 so far and that's all done. I've now just completed all of 2010, but that was easy and it was already part done. It's the older stuff that's not as well organized. However I've got digital photos going back to 1999 and scanned prints going all the way back to 1984! Some of 1999/2000 is done but it's inconsistent, so now I'm going to work my way backwards. Another task for me to attempt to complete this year. Even just one years worth per week would see it done by mid-August (but I'll probably do some of 2009 now).

2 comments:

  1. And two hours later 2009 is complete too!

    (That's enough for today though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! This is a job that's well worth keeping on top of, 'cos one day you'll be glad you did. As you say, a bit at a time and it's amazing, you do get through it in the end if you stick at it. All our photos are well-organised, but turning them digital is going to be such a massive project. As soon as the music is finished, we really must get cracking on that.

    ReplyDelete