Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dragon Age: Redemption

From Buffy to Dr. Horrible and then The Guild I've been a fan of Felicia Day for a while. She's been teasing about a mystery project on Twitter for the last few weeks and today we've finally found out that it is a live action web series based on Dragon Age. Apparently she was approached by BioWare/EA and asked to create something and so now were getting a six part series that will tie in to Dragon Age II. I guess some people at BioWare are fans of The Guild as the format sounds quite similar with mini episodes airing online written by Day and with her starring as Tallis, an Elven assassin. I'm looking forward to it already, but if you're reading this you're probably already aware I'm a big Dragon Age fan. I also love the use of Twitter and other social media to build a buzz. I, like many others, have been wondering what this was about for a while now. Most people were guessing Dr. Horrible 2 but now I think about it that wouldn't have made sense based on Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris' other commitments. Still I always appreciate it when famous people on Twitter use it to simply interact with their fans rather than just trying to sell things and Felicia Day is a pro at that. Of course part of the reason I say that is she's one of two famous people that have replied to me on Twitter. There is no information about when it is going to be on yet but I hope it's soon. (Watch The Guild while you wait)

3 comments:

  1. Ace and Will tell me to say they don't approve of the ears but they can see what you see in Ms Day.
    She sounds a very nice person, I am glad she replied to you. Who was the other famous person who did, that chap from Annihilator?
    Very happy that you have this to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I have had a couple of messages from Jeff Waters of Annihilator that was through the band forum not Twitter.

    The other famous Twitterer was Robert Llewellyn who, if you don't know, is also known as Kryten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now there's a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF2mPgwrlT4

    ReplyDelete