Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Treasure

Steam are having an interesting event at the moment. Rather than their usual type of sale this time we've got objectives to complete along with the various game discounts in The Great Steam Treasure Hunt. Some of the objectives are simple and related to the community such as setting an avatar or adding ten friends. Others are related to games and involve getting a particular achievement or setting a specific score. That's so far anyway, there are four new objectives every two days (until 20th December) and we're on the second set as I write this. For every objective completed in each set you get an entry into a prize draw to win the top five games on your wishlist. Then at the very end if you've completed ten objectives or more you get entered into a grand prize draw to win 100 games of your choice from their catalogue. Although it seems as usual not everyone agrees but it's pretty cool if you ask me. I've completed 5 out of 8 objectives so far and tried two new games in the process. The community objectives were simple, I already had the necessary requirements so that was no effort. One of today's objectives was to recruit a companion in Fallout: New Vegas, obviously I'd done that one already too. When a game is required for an objective a discount is available to go with it. I've already gone on long enough for today so I'll talk about the new games I've played tomorrow. I don't really expect to win anything, it's still a bit of fun though.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, a bit of light-hearted fun just what you need after all your hard work. Hope the new server is going well.

    ReplyDelete