Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chime & The UnderGarden

Set a leaderboard score of at least 1,124,400 in easy (9 minute) mode for the 'Paul Hartnoll' level in Chime

That was the first treasure hunt objective I needed to make an effort to complete. I'd considered buying Chime a couple of times before so when a 75% discount reduced the price to only £1 it was impossible to say no really. Meeting the requirements for the objective were quite easy I found. The game is casual puzzle type game involving music and block stacking. It's a mix of a few different games including Tetris along with one I remember from years ago, but I just can't remember the name. I found it to be loads of fun and have continued playing it even after completing the treasure hunt objective. The only problem I can see is that there are only a few levels so I'm not sure the fun will last for very long before it gets repetitive.


Play the demo or game The UnderGarden

Play a demo? I can manage that quite easily. When The UnderGarden came out a few weeks ago I mostly ignored it because the main character looked a bit too cutesy. The visuals looked nice but I didn't think it would be for me. The demo mostly confirmed this. The game has a great look and feel but the game play is too basic. It's a very simple physics puzzle game for which I had no trouble getting to 100% on. I suppose the full game might get harder but I'm guessing not and that based on the look that it's aimed at people a lot younger than me. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, just that in a world where I've got too many games to play there are more interesting alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment