Sunday, December 19, 2010

First Impressions: Phantom Hourglass

Of course the full name of the game is The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass but that's way to long for a post title. This is the first of the Zelda games made for the DS. It's three years old now but I've not owned a DS that long and I get though games on it at a much slower pace than I do on PC. Technically I've not played a lot of Zelda games before but back in my student days I did watch a lot being played. A group a us would all be watching a making suggestions but as they're single player games only one person could actually be in control. That of course was for the classics Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Now the DS takes more of the cell shaded look from Windwaker but I'm sure that suits the graphics processor in the DS far more than the latest Twilight Princess look anyway! I've played as far as the first boss fight and it's been great so far. The best part is probably a control scheme they've come up with using the stylus rather than the d-pad which is perfectly suited for the DS and plays completely naturally. The puzzles in the two dungeons I've been through so far were well done too and a good introduction. I'm looking forward to playing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment