Friday, December 3, 2010

Disruption

I've always liked snow. Probably partly because we never used to get a lot in this country. Now this year we've had the earliest start to winter that I ever remember and we're getting record levels of snowfall. For the most part I'm not really affected by this. I work from home and I don't own a car so travel and commuting is not a problem for me (although technically I was planning a trip before the trains were cancelled). If anything this week has been quieter than usual as half of my clients can't get to their offices! The biggest downside so far is that the local shop has now run out of milk and bread as they've not been able to get any deliveries. Now what I'm starting to think about is Christmas presents. I usually order everything online, not just for Christmas but pretty much everything. Problem now is I've not had any post here for a week now as I'm on an unimportant side road which has not been cleared as it doesn't go anywhere. So if I were to order anything I'd have no idea when it might turn up. The weather isn't showing any sign of getting better and it will probably get worse first. This country definitely need to up it's game in terms of snow clearing as it's obviously not going away any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely not good, I hope your shop gets a delivery soon. The post is the worst of it, though - I guess the buses are still running? So you can get to other shops if you have to? But if the post doesn't come, there's not much you can do about it, and I can see why you'd be worrying about deliveries. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main roads are clear now, buses are running again (mostly) and the shop has had a delivery. Tuesday and Wednesday were a stand still. Things are slowing getting back to normal now. There's been no addition snowfall for two days now. So we'll be fine unless there's more!

    ReplyDelete