Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Origami Wednesday

I was sat thinking about future ideas for videos on my blog channel when I noticed a book I recently bought on origami. It was one of those spur of the moment purchases while in the Design Museum gift shop when I was in London. I've been interested in origami for a long time but I haven't actually made anything for many years (not including making snappers out of pub flyers). The book tempted me with lots of clear instructions along with nice paper to make the models with. The Sea Turtle I made came out a bit flat, but today I made a seal which came out much better. However before I made the seal I realized it could be a video project to record myself making them and so Origami Wednesday was born. There are 40 models in the book of which I've now completed 2. So for the next 38 weeks my Wednesday video will be origami and music. This take the pressure off thinking about enough video ideas and creates a nice continuing series to go with the channel. Also it's pretty quick to film and edit which is a bonus.

Watch episode 1 - seal here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPK7ijIOnsI

No comments:

Post a Comment