Friday, November 11, 2011

First Impressions: Skyrim

What else could I post about today? Not a lot as of course playing Skyrim has been taking up most of my free time. I received my delivery of the collector's edition without any hassle for a change. If you've not already seen them, there are photos of me opening the package here: https://picasaweb.google.com/109346954490780957269/20111111.

The games looks great and the story so far has been interesting. The only problems I've had is with a control interface. For some reason they've chosen to use some none standard key patterns in the UI. Why doesn't ESC close the inventory? Oh it's TAB, right! Lots of little oddities like that. Once your brain gets used to them it gets better but it was very strange to start with.

One odd thing about the new huge open world I've been exploring. I find myself wanting to take photos (screenshots) just like I would if I were visiting Tamriel for real. So just like I would if I'd just returned from holiday I offer my impressions by posting a bunch of pictures (click for big). First meet Marcus the Nord.





























1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, to show readers photos of the world. And what a lovely world it is. It's beautiful! Love the tree in the house. And what graphics, it is stunning that this quality can be found in games. What I can't understand is why this 'Call of Duty' thing gets all the attention this week in the press, and not a beautiful thing like this.
    I hope you and all the other players with such good taste are having a great weekend in Tamriel.

    ReplyDelete