Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Work, Blog & Eve

Well yesterday will qualify as my shortest blog post so far. I was busy with work and couldn't find the time to write a post before the deadline. I do sometimes wonder why I keep forcing myself to write one post per day when sometimes I have very little to write about. However I suppose if I give myself that excuse it will start to be longer and longer in between each post until the point where the blog dies.

I did eventually finish my work and spent some time playing Eve. I bought myself a new spaceship which I've been saving up for recently. It's my first battleship, a Megathron, which is the largest ship I own in the game so far. I took some screenshots while I was flying about picking up equipment for it and this morning while I was less busy I decided to make them into a wallpaper. I've added it on my website and you can click the preview copy below for larger versions. In the top left you can see the ship next to a Hulk. I also own a Hulk and that was previously my largest ship. All my other frigates and cruisers are at least half the size of that. So you can see that's quite a size difference for my new battleship. The only thing it doesn't have now is a name, but I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad for you that you got your work finished. And I do admire you for sticking to your blog - as you say, once you miss a day, it becomes all too easy to find other things to do, until you've lost the habit.
    Communication - especially writing! - is always worth the effort, I think. Even if no-one reads it, it helps us clarify our own thoughts and priorities.
    Your battleship is awesome. As it is a mega, and megas is Greek for great, as in Megas Alexandros, ie Alexander the Great... I think you know where I'm going with this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in that case I'll christen this one Alexandros. My inspiration for name usually comes from something that's on my mind at the time and from all sorts of sources. Some which would interest you. I've got ships named Salix, Gran & Hogweed for example ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, really? That is so nice to know, it makes me very happy.
    Good luck to megathron 'Alexandros'.

    ReplyDelete