Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moments of Gaming (June 2010)

June's Moments of Gaming has turned out a little different than my first two episodes. The first two episodes consisted mainly of footage from the games Mass Effect 2 and Just Cause 2, but neither of those appear this month. In June I seem to have played a much larger number of games covering a wider variety of styles which have an even larger age range. Overall there are ten games featured this month ranging from Alien Breed: Impact which is barely a month old all the way back to Wolfenstein 3D which was first released in 1992. In addition to the large amount of games I seemed to have a lot more footage available too. I must have had more time to play this month and when I did I must have pressed record more often. My first two episodes started off quite slow and then built up, I decided this time to try for a more consistent feel. Having more footage to choose from certainly helped with that. Also I decided I'd try to incorporate some more fancy effects with transitions and multiple video tracks rather than straight cuts. Too many wipes can look a bit cheesy but I think I've got away with it, at least if I call it experimental! You can now view Moments of Gaming (June 2010) here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_KWvkw0xwY

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that. I thought the new effects were very impressive and very smoothly done. Nice mood to the music, too. It was really noticeable how many more different games there were this time, a pretty awesome array.
    It is very stunning to me that you can play all those, and remember all those back stories.
    Some very vivid and memorable scenes too. What game was that, that was set in a slightly primitive-looking world, with statues on mountain tops, and a cool mosquito ship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you were talking about the Sith statues from Knights of the Old Republic but I couldn't figure out where the mosquito ship fitted into that. I had to watch it again to remember. That scene is from Jade Empire, the same game as the short-skirted martial arts lady.

    ReplyDelete