Friday, July 9, 2010

More on Dragon Age II

There has been some more Dragon Age 2 information released today and I have to admit this time it's got me slightly worried. Apparently this time the character you play will always be human and called Hawke, the only customizations available will be class and gender. Also this time the player character will be voiced. Now in general this is not necessarily a bad thing but it's a very different way of doing things compared to the first game. We've gone from of choice of 6 origins, 3 races and 3 classes down to a choice of 1 origin and 3 classes. That's quite a cut! It's sounding a lot more like Mass Effect than the "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate". Now don't get me wrong, I love Mass Effect, but I love the way Dragon Age works too. Sometimes having lots of character choices makes a game extremely re-playable. That's why I enjoy the D&D based games such as Neverwinter Nights so much. I still have faith that Bioware will come out with a top notch game but if the game play is moving closer to Mass Effect style then that leaves room a new game to take the D&D-esque spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment