Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Final Frontier

About an hour before my own product launch Iron Maiden released their new music video to the internet. It seems they didn't anticipate the demand and the main Iron Maiden website crashed while the copy of the video on Myspace wasn't loading. Why they would use Myspace as a video host when they've got a perfectly good You Tube channel I have no idea. It was probably due to a pointless business deal rather than a consideration of the technical needs. When will people learn to ask the tech guys their opinion?

I did eventually get to see the video and it was really good. The problem is it was too good in terms of looks. I found myself really enjoying the visuals so much that I wasn't paying attention to the music. The track just isn't exciting enough. The free single (El Dorado) was great, I enjoyed that one. I'll still buy the album of course (I have all the others after all). However this track was a bit disappointing. Maybe without the video it will be improved. Watch for yourself here.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed El Dorado too, great fun to have a new Maiden track to listen to. Haven't managed to see the new video yet though - it sounds stunning - because it keeps stopping and starting, spoiling the effect.
    I'm going to wait a couple of days until the traffic's lighter.
    They should have engaged GDS!

    ReplyDelete