Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Write Like Dan Brown


I write like
Dan Brown

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



According to a random website anyway! I saw this site tweeted by @Film4 of all people, the guy posting it wrote like Douglas Adams apparently. The site asks for some text that you wrote and then analyses it before giving you an example of who has a similar style. I had a moment to spare to I plugged in some of my recent blogs posts. The majority resulted in the Dan Brown result. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I've never actually read any of his books (only seen the films) but I get the impression that he's not considered to be particularly sophisticated. A couple of my posts did get Stephen King and Charles Dickens but again that's no-one I've read, only seen films. Not enough dwarfs and dragons or spaceships and planets for me!

1 comment:

  1. That was fun! I got the impression it was totally random, though - I tried four different paragraphs of the same book, and got four different results - J K Rowling, Dan Brown, Isaace Asimove and Charles Dickens! Hmm. Anyway, Dan Brown writes fine, don't you worry about that. There are definitely people who are snooty about his writing, but the same people are also snooty about J K Rowling's writing - usually people who've written Booker prize winners that no-one actually wants to read. I think they're just jealous.
    Saw the Maiden vid tonight, still jumpy, which is probably my PC, I agree, great vid, not a very strong song. Bruce sounded good, and the guitar solos were great, but I don't think they spent an awful lot of time on the melody.

    ReplyDelete