Monday, June 20, 2011

Winter is Coming

It is close and perhaps it is because it's the most recent but Game of Thrones has now taken the top spot from Fringe in the list of TV programmes which I can't wait for the return of next season. Never before have I known a series to so freely kill characters that you would presume are part of the main cast. Now of course that come from the books and I suppose it could be good thing for some of the more famous actors to know in advance that they have a set role to play for a fixed time and are not committed for seven years. However I must remember not to get too attached to anyone if they could disappear at any moment. I've got handle on the names now but it's hard to know who exactly you should be rooting for. It's definitely an interesting twist on the standard Tolkien-esque fantasy world. That is probably why it's such a popular book series. Now I just hope that HBO can find the audience and the finances to keep it going to completion and not end it prematurely if the ratings start to slip.

1 comment:

  1. That is hard, if characters get killed off, it's not easy to stop yourself getting attached to them.
    But I hope the series carries on, it's so not fair when good things get cancelled that people are enjoying, just because someone somewhere decides that not quite enough people are watching!

    ReplyDelete