Friday, June 3, 2011

Camera Settings

It's been a lovely sunny day here in Sheffield and very similar across much of the country I understand. I've not had much time to be out in it, but some vitamin D was had. This evening while waiting for a video to convert I was looking out of the window while fiddling with my camera and I accidentally discovered a whole bunch of manual settings I never knew I had. This gives me direct control over things like exposure and shutter speed that I wouldn't have expected to find on a simple point and shoot camera like mine. Of course the result of this discovery is a gallery of photos from today's sunset which you can now view here: https://picasaweb.google.com/geniedataservices/20110603?authkey=Gv1sRgCOv12feb3uGWqQE&feat=directlink

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, those are lovely. Incredible skill, to produce such quality with settings you only just found!
    I loved the purple shadows, and also the last few where the sun was disappearing, beautiful colours.
    I am glad you got some Vitamin D - there should be a chance to get some more tomorrow, by the sound of it. :)

    ReplyDelete