Thursday, June 16, 2011

First Impressions: MTG-DOTP 2012

The game with the longest name that I can think of gets a sequel and rather than simply adding a '2' on the end they've added a year to make it even longer. So now we've got "Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012". Of course the year is related to the current release of cards but it's still a bit of an unwieldy title.

I've not played a lot yet and what I have seems very similar to the previous installment. There are new cards and new decks to play with along with updated graphics and a tweaked interface. The weakest part of the first game was the limited deck customisation options, but I've not looked to see if that is any different here yet. There are a couple of things that really show this was developed with the XBox in mind rather than the PC. In particular the main menu which is a pain to navigate with a mouse. Luckily within the gameplay parts it is fine though. I never really found the time to play much multiplayer with humans in the first version but apparently the multiplayer options have been much expanded this time so perhaps I should get in to that some more. Initial impression is good, I'll be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment