Monday, June 6, 2011

Moments of Gaming (May 2011)

Clients, Websites, Software Issues, E3. Many things have conspired against me getting Moments of Gaming completed this month, but now it is here. In the end it turned out to be a bit of an experimental episode. I only had footage from a handful of games, most of which were featured last month. There was some Portal 2, Trine & Audiosurf. However I'd say around 90% of the footage was from Mass Effect 2. For that reason I decided to do something slightly different and dedicate a whole video to a single game. Until now the minimum I'd used in a video was two. I've been thinking about other possible forms for Moments of Gaming, such as doing one game over a longer period of time. So this counts as a bit of a test I guess. It seems to work ok, even though the story is all out of order as the scenes are picked to match the music not to form a narrative.

Watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rvlPefHlNM

1 comment:

  1. I bet she was ready for that bed at the end, after all that! I thought that worked very well to use just Mass Effect 2. Even if the scenes weren't in order, you had more chance to get involved in what was going on. I thought the music was good, and so was the editing, especially at the beginning when those staccatto bits were matched by some nifty scene changes. You had a nice change of mood when the second tune started, too.
    What I can't tell, when I am watching - I don't know if fellow-players can tell this or not - is how well the game is going for you, how brilliant are the things that you are doing, but I bet they are superb.
    What I did notice was how beautifully the graphics showed lights, especially the flames and tracers from the weapons. The outdoor scenes looked very good too, there were some nice skies, and an awesome flow of lava and a lovely river, all good to look at.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete