Thursday, September 16, 2010

Still Love Dragon Age

Despite the disappointment of Witch Hunt I still enjoy the all other Dragon Age stories so far. Although technically I've yet to play Darkspawn Chronicles or Golems of Amgarrak, but the rest is good. I've just completed another play through of the main Origins storyline. This is only the third time I taken a character all the way to the end but I suspect it won't be the last. This time I was playing with a Dalish Elf Archer. Normally in role playing games I prefer the warrior type class, Knights, Paladins, Barbarians, that sort of thing. I usually don't enjoy playing ranged classes (Archers, Mages etc) as much as my basic instinct is to charge in. However in the Dragon Age system that's not been the case. During my first play though (as a warrior) there were a couple of times where most of my party had died and only Morrigan was left alive, I realized then that the Mage was actually quite fun to play. They've got the game mechanics just right to make it simple to control. The same is true of the archer as I guess they're similar just flinging arrows instead of fireballs. As I mentioned there's still two DLC stories I have to play and also I've got two other characters I've started but not finished. However I think I'll play some more Jade Empire next to mix things up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine choosing anything other than an elf archer, given the choice... pause to think about Orlando Bloom as Legolas... but I see you as more the warrior type, in fact your ancestors were Vikings so that proves it. Glad to hear it was good playing an elf and a mage, and very glad Morrigan didn't die that first time, and hope s/he is all right this time too. (Did you know that name Morrigan comes from Celtic myth, she was a goddess, quite a scary one actually!) Also Alan Garner nicked the name for the baddy in The Weirdstone of Brisingamen which I remember reading to you when you were small!

    ReplyDelete