Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Moments of Gaming (August 2010)

I've done five Moments of Gaming videos now and it takes over half an hour to watch them all together, something which I have done a couple of times. There are still one or two transitions which bug me a little that I wish I could have done a little better. However there comes a point where you have to accept it and move on, you can strive for perfection but you can't always get there if you want to keep it fun. Some people probably don't even notice. Overall I've been pleased with the results. As I mentioned yesterday, this month's MoG has a bit of a theme, I won't say what but it will be fairly obvious once you start watching. In order to keep with the theme I purposely played a couple of games that I've been meaning to get to for a while, Company of Heroes and Empire: Total War. There are also two games which didn't get in. First was Eve Online, I've not played a lot this month and from the little I did nothing worthwhile was recorded. The second was Worms: Reloaded which although I did have some footage from I couldn't find any place to put it despite the fact it does sort of fit in with the theme. I'll save that for next month. The music in this video is not going to be everyone's taste but the theme called for something hard and fast. There is also a special treat in there for Fiona13, my one regular commenter. Enjoy Moments of Gaming (August 2010):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpqTdVLMZ8

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Alexander's army! Thank you for showing them in your new MOG. I enjoyed that, and recognised the Argead star on the banners right away. Very exciting! I liked your 'three words' too, because they are just so true, and you illustrated that with five very different conflicts. I thought the theme worked brilliantly, and the excerpts from the games built up into a picture of those words, until it took on a life of its own, like a little cameo. I think this was your strongest MOG yet, it had real depth and integrity. I thought it was particularly good that the two fantasy scenarios were balanced by three recognisable real-life ones, but from three very different eras. Beautifully balanced, and also smooth - all the transitions looked very smooth to me.
    The music was great, that thrash-sound fitted very well, and I liked how you had two different ones but by the same band for coherence. And I really liked the quiet, music-less section in the middle, I thought that had real depth, you had some well-chosen images there. But I agree with the final comment - some things really are worth fighting for!

    ReplyDelete