Monday, September 6, 2010

Mass Effect

In order to add a little more variety to my Bioware month I decided it was time to start a new character in Mass Effect 1. There is one major thing I've never done before now and that is to play with a male Shepard. I've not played a lot yet and I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's a bit weird hearing Mark Meer as the voice of Shepard when I'm so used to it being Jennifer Hale from the other times I've played. It's just the same as watching video clips of the game featuring Shepards with different appearances to your own, they always feel strange. I always find the blond ones particularly odd personally. I wonder how many people out there use the default appearance other than the people at EA who make the official screen shots. I'd bet it's fairly small percentage. I'll not get time to play much with everything else going on this month but it's an interesting experiment.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound as if it would take a lot of getting used to, once you've become accustomed to one version of a character! But it just shows what variety you can inject into these games, and how much you can personalise them. Hope Bioware month is going well, and that you are getting plenty of time to play.

    ReplyDelete