Monday, August 1, 2011

The Unforgiving

The last of the three new albums I bought turned out to be my favourite, The Unforgiving by Within Temptation. This one is a different style to the others, calling themselves Symphonic Rock which of course it little less aggressive than some melodic death metal. It seems I picked up the deluxe edition without even realizing, it arrived with a bonus DVD contain videos and behind the scenes information, also a poster of the cover. I've not looked at any of the bonus content yet, but it was a nice surprise. I understand that this album, along with its music videos and comic styled booklet, is all supposed to be part of a single story. I'm afraid though that I have no idea what the story is. I just don't process song lyrics like that. To me the vocals are another instrument creating a sound, my brain doesn't process the meaning. I can even sing along with no real knowledge of the words coming from my mouth, yet I couldn't recite them without the rest of the music because to me they are one. So, no idea what the songs or album are about, but it sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment