Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's a Miracle

Spoilers for Torchwood: Miracle Day episode five! Stop now if you've not seen it.

We're at the halfway point now, so time for a quick update on things. I've enjoyed the series so far, more than I expected to after the first episode actually. There are two parts to the story. On one side we've got the new Torchwood team investigating the cause of the miracle and on the other we've got Oswald Danes evangelizing and promoting the miracle to the public. So far those two threads haven't really intersected much. We've got big actor Bill Pullman playing Danes but it's like he's in his own separate show, so far he's only had two very short scenes with John Barrowman. Though there were a couple of hints here that things will be escalating soon. I'm sorry but I still don't really like Rex. He's mellowed a little since the fist episode but his character doesn't feel very consistent and just seems to bug me. Also his relationship with Vera seems extremely forced for plot reasons, I don't buy for a second that that would have happened. Of course maybe I'm just jealous because I liked Vera, but no that didn't feel right. Also yes, I used the past tense there because Torchwood is up to its old tricks of killing characters again. Even in a world where no-one (except Jack) can die, I don't think there's any coming back from that. You'll be missed Vera.

No comments:

Post a Comment