Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moments of Gaming (A Jade Empire Special)

It was the first weekend of the month and I started playing some Jade Empire. This turned into a bit of a marathon and ended with me completing the game. I'd been recording footage throughout that time and completely filled the drive I use to store it and more. That is more footage than I have used for any episode of MOG before, taken in three days rather than a month. I didn't have any room for anything more, so the answer became simple. I would have a special edition of Moments of Gaming featuring just Jade Empire. When I was complaining about finding the perfect music last week it was for this. I been taking my time to get things right and I'm pretty pleased with the result. Unlike when I did an entire episode with Mass Effect 2, I had a definitive end to work towards. So there's a lot more structure to this one. I don't know how much that will show for some who has not played the games but the scenes here are (for the most part) in chronological order.

Also in another change the video is now available in HD. If you want you can select modes up to 720p instead of the basic 360p.

Watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsR7nsWnass

1 comment:

  1. That was a nice surprise. Good idea to make it a special, that way you won't be overwhelmed with choice when September comes. It was good to watch, being all the same game, lots of continuity and the viewer able to get more into the story. And it's such an interesting game to look at, this one, lots of good stuff in the background as well as the action.
    You found some good music too, all three pieces worked very well, I thought, right sort of action pace but definitely an eastern feel.
    Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete