Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Out of date

I have recently been paying closer attention to PHP related news. If you don't know, PHP is a programming language and its main use is scripting for web pages. It is the main language I have worked in for the past ten years. Reading more of the news wasn't intentional, it just seemed to happen naturally as I came across PHP related articles online more frequently. This has led me to realize that quite a few of the techniques and methods I use and rely on regularly are getting out of date. There are new and better alternatives coming and some of the older functions are becoming deprecated in new releases. It's time for a major update on some of the generic code which I regularly reuse, some of that dates back to 2006. I have become a little complacent in my development, basically repeating the same thing over and over for each new client. Now with some new learning I'm already inspired looking forward to programming more. It's definitely good to get out of your rut once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment