Saturday, July 2, 2011

Moments of Gaming (June 2011)

This month we've got a bit of subdued video. I choose a music track which is more ambient than I've used in the past. This produced a much quieter video compared to the others even with the action of Duke Nukem Forever included. Although I did end up keeping that to a minimum. I've also made this episode shorter than other recent ones. When I first started doing this You Tube had a 10 minute limit on video length so I had to make sure my videos were under that time. The early episodes are generally 6 or 7 minutes long. Later the limit was increased to 15 minutes and for certain accounts who regularly post (mine included) it was increased further. Since then the run time of my videos has been creeping up and now they're usually 11 or 12 minutes long now. I think that's make me a bit lazy with my cutting and scene choices. If I've got more footage I make longer videos. Yet there is research that shows a user's attention drops on videos which are over 4 minutes long if they're not already invested in you and your channel. So this month I've made an effort to make a shorter and tighter video. It has come in at just over 6 minutes, not too bad. Still with only the most basic of plans, again towards the end I kept finding footage I wish I'd included but no longer had a space for. Looking back I see I spent too much time in the mini Duke RC part. So next time, more planning in advance!

Watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljNfxzbm1v4

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit late watching this month, but that was very good, I enjoyed it. I noticed that you had made it shorter and tighter, but it still had lots of good contrasts and lots of smooth changes of scene. Technically, it is so impressive. The ambient music was maybe a bit gentle for some of the fighty scenes at the beginning, but I thought it worked really well with the Eve shots, and the mini Duke. It was nice to recognise the captain's quarters in Eve, from your previous post about that, and I enjoyed mini Duke's ride because the interior shots were so interesting. Good for you, well done!

    ReplyDelete