Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Google+

Yesterday I acquired an invite to the Google+ beta and I've been exploring what it can do. It seems for the most part to be very similar to Facebook but with a fancier user interface as well as a lack of farms. It also makes organizing your friends and contacts in to sub-groups much easier than Facebook does. Also of course it integrates with all the other Google products so I could simply import my Gmail contacts in to my friend circles and it is quick and easy to share my Picasa photos with those contacts. It's pretty cool but as it is still invite only it's quite empty, at least of people I know anyway. You can follow me here if you so desire and if you ask nicely I could probably send you one of my invites.

1 comment:

  1. LOL at the 'lack of farms', that is good! Very interesting, I had not heard about this, you are always first with the news.
    BTW good luck with the new project too, I will be interested to read what that is all about when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete