Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hobbitses

Lets take a break from the heavily gaming related week. It's the end of the Steam sale tomorrow anyway. Instead today I'll mention there's a new Hobbit production video from Peter Jackson available. It's on his Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150314562706807&oid=141884481557

It is interesting to see that Andy Serkis is now also a second unit director. I wonder how that came about as according to IMDB it's not something he has done a lot of before. A lot of the video is about location scouting and so it has lots of helicopter shots of New Zealand which is always nice. Looking forward to this more and more as all the little bits of information trickle out.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading about all the games you have been playing, but this is the post where I thought I had something to say in return! Thanks for posting the link, that was very interesting, and wow, those locations all look so amazing. And I agree with the person who said that Peter Jackson and Andy Serkis were starting to look like each other. It must feel very strange for Andy Serkis to be working on both sides of the camera in the same film. And I was very glad they have not missed out the character of Radagast, I like him, and was amazed to see that Sylvester McCoy is playing him. That was not on imdb's list when I looked. It is so good that all the people that they needed from LOTR have come back for this, it will make it very special.

    ReplyDelete