Friday, July 8, 2011

Old or New?

If you've been reading this blog for a while or you've ever looked at my Stream/Raptr profile then you'll know I have and play a lot of computer games. I already had a bit of a backlog and now with another Steam sale event that has got larger. Still with all those lovely new worlds to explore and interesting puzzles to solve there are many times when I think about playing games I've played before instead. I guess it's a kind of nostalgia with the knowledge that it's going to be good based on previous experience. I was reading an online comic earlier based in the land of Tamriel and it really got me itching to play Morrowind or Oblivion again. In the end I resisted the temptation to reinstall those games. I really do have plenty of other things on which to use my time and I have played though both those games twice before. They are not short games either. On top of that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be out in November so I don't really have to wait that long to return to Tamriel for a new adventure anyway. I do still have an urge for some traditional fantasy roleplay though. I have a couple of un-played options waiting which might fit the bill, either Divinity II or Gothic or perhaps I should go back and finish Jade Empire although that's not traditional fantasy. We shall have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment